Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!

Christmas came a little early yesterday for over 65 children at the Whitney Young Health Center in Troy. Our 2010 Toy Drive culminated with a pizza party and a visit from Santa to help distribute the gifts. Seeing the smiles, hearing the excitement and laughter all causes me remember back to my simpler days and what the holidays meant to me as a child. I still enjoy Christmas, I look forward to the season every year, but it’s a little different now. It’s a magical time and as you grow it’s one the few memories you’ll carry with you from year-to-year. If you have the opportunity to spread a little holiday cheer in one’s day, do it, the benefits are far reaching. Always remember what it's all about.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday’s to you. Enjoy your family and partake in the holiday spirit. In closing I’d like to quote one of my favorite Christmas stories, “Welcome, Christmas, bring your cheer. Cheer to all Whos far and near. Christmas Day is in our grasp so long as we have hands to clasp. Christmas Day will always be just as long as we have we. Welcome Christmas while we stand, heart to heart and hand in hand.”

No comments:

Post a Comment